Week #4 (Part 2) of Christmas Creating a Gift Tag & Gift Card Holder Combo with Stampin'UP! Merriest of Trees
Today we're in Week #4 (Part 2) of Christmas Creating a Gift Tag & Gift Card Holder Combo with Stampin'Up! Merriest Trees. Tuesday we created a lovely card using this set along with Joy of Christmas..if you missed it check it out here Click here to see Tuesday's card
Today we're combining a cute tag incorporated with a gift card holder!
Here's this little cutie...
Now, insert the gift card...
here's the really cute part....
So, you purchase a nice mug, wrap, beribbon, add this tag & pop in a gift card--not only does the recipient have something fun to open --they also have a gift card for spending...AND, they think you're a genius for creating this tag/gift card holder combo! Does it get any better?
This design is really 2 pieces--the backing & then the smaller piece scored in the middle & slicing off a diagonal piece. Looks like a million bucks but very simple.
The trick is to adhere the smaller piece to the backing with Tear & Tape around the sides & bottom edge so there's plenty of room to insert the gift card without it sticking to the tape.
I'll give you step by step directions for today's project below followed by the supply list.
Stop by next week--we're taking a one-week break from our 6 Weeks of Christmas for something special...come check it out on Tuesday.
*Use this month's regular host code (CT9QZ26K) you can earn $5 in Stampin'Up! product (I choose) for every $50 in product (excludes shipping & tax).
1. Cut Thick Basic White carstock 3 1/4 X 4 1/4; cut blue with white trees design (a Walk in the Forest DSP) 3 1/4 X 4 1/4; adhere to white backing.
2. Using a 1/4" hole punch hole in top center.
3. Using the Very Best Trio punch- punch each top corner with the diagonal cut.
4. Cut Basic White 2 3/4 X 6 1/2, score long side at 3 1/4.
*Placing the fold on the left side, mark down left edge (folded edge) 1 1/4". Place the top right corner & the left "mark" in the trough of the paper trimmer -slice off that piece.
*Open the fold - stamp verse (Merriest Trees) in Shaded Spruce ink.
* On back side adhere Tear & Tape along the sides & bottom only--adhere to bottom of backing lining up the edges.
5. Die cut medium tree (Merriest Trees) from Shaded Spruce; die cut small 2-tier tree from Basic White--adhere to top of green tree.
*Die cut solid star (Merriest Trees) from silver foil- adhere to top of tree.
*Adhere 4 clear faceted gems to decorate the tree.
*Using 4 dimensionals on the bottom half of tree adhere the tree to the base of tag.
Your tag/gift card holder combo is ready to gifting!
Supplies: Click on any image below & you'll be in my store--order your supplies now!